dishelmtransitive verb (1)
dis·helm | \ dəs, (ˈ)dis+\
Definition of dishelm
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to deprive (as a person) of a helmet
dishelmtransitive verb (2)
Definition of dishelm (Entry 2 of 2)
: to deprive (a ship or boat) of the rudder
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game