di·os·ma | \ dīˈäzmə\
Definition of diosma
1 capitalized : a small genus of southern African heathlike shrubs of the family Rutaceae with fragrant foliage and small white or pinkish flowers
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Diosma
3 -s : buchu
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game