Definition of diocesan curate
1 : a clergyman of the Church of Ireland at the disposal of the bishop to give help in emergencies to parish clergy
2 : an assistant priest to a pastor appointed by the bishop of a diocese
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game