Definition of dinosaur kale
: tuscan kale The salmon was tasty, but the pork, served with slow-roasted cavolo nero (sometimes called Tuscan or dinosaur kale), was juicy and deeply flavorful …— M. Kathleen Pratt, Chicago Tribune, 15 Oct. 2008 Dinosaur kale is also known as … Tuscan kale and is characterized by its dimpled, firm leaves, which hold up to long cooking times and hearty flavors.— Karoline Boehm Goodnick, Boston Globe, 16 Nov. 2011
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game