dilate on/uponphrasal verb
dilated on/upon; dilating on/upon; dilates on/upon
Definition of dilate on/upon
: to talk about (a subject) for a long time We spent a long evening listening to him dilate on the need for tax relief.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game