Definition of diene value
: a numerical measure of the conjugated double bonds in a fatty acid or fat (such as a drying oil) that is calculated from the amount of maleic anhydride capable of reacting with a known weight of the acid or fat
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game