die downphrasal verb
died down; dying down; dies down
Definition of die down
: to gradually become less strong The wind will die down in the evening. She waited for the noise to die down before she started singing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game