di·cen·tra | \ dīˈsen‧trə\
Definition of dicentra
1 capitalized : a genus of North American and Asian herbs (family Fumariaceae) with dissected leaves and irregular flowers — see bleeding heart, dutchman's-breeches
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Dicentra (especially D. spectabilis)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?