di·a·lu·ric acid | \ ¦dīə¦lu̇rik- \
Definition of dialuric acid
: crystalline heterocyclic acid C4H4N2O4 formed by the reduction of alloxan or the oxidation of uric acid; 5-hydroxy-barbituric acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game