Definition of devil's-apron
: a kelp of the genus Laminaria (especially L. saccharina of the Atlantic ocean) having a large flat leathery thallus shaped somewhat like an apron
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game