deu·ter·og·a·my | \ ˌd(y)ütəˈrägəmē\
Definition of deuterogamy
1 : digamy
2 : secondary pairing of sexual cells or nuclei that replaces direct copulation in many fungi, algae, and higher plants
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game