Definition of deuce court
: the right service court from the point of view of the player or team that is receiving service … to watch the ambidextrous Evgenia Koulikovskaya hit only forehands (lefthanded from the ad court, righthanded from the deuce court), repeatedly tossing her racket from hand to hand as if it were a potato just pulled from the oven.— Steve Rushin, Sports Illustrated, 9 Sept. 2002 — compare ad court
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game