de·swell | \ (ˈ)dē+\
Definition of deswell
: to reduce swelling of (something, such as the fiber of a texile) usually by abstraction of water
: to become contracted —used especially of colloids
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game