de·sip·i·ence | \ də̇ˈsipēən(t)s, dēˈ-\
variants: or less commonly desipiency \ -nsē \
plural desipiences also desipiencies
Definition of desipience
: relaxed dallying in enjoyment of foolish trifles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game