Definition of desert willow
: a shrub or low tree (Chilopsis linearis) of the family Bignoniaceae resembling a willow, having showy purplish flowers and long seed pods, and occurring in dry regions of southwestern North America
— called also flowering willow
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?