der·mat·o·graph | \ (ˌ)dərˈmatəˌgraf, ˈdərmətə-\
Definition of dermatograph
: an instrument for producing markings on the skin: such as
a : a crayon used by surgeons to outline internal organs on the body surface sketch the outline of the liver with a dermatograph on the abdominal skin
b : a crayon used to test for allergies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game