der·by·lite | \ ˈdərbēˌlīt\
Definition of derbylite
: a mineral probably Fe6Ti6Sb2O23 consisting of an iron antimonate and titanate in black prismatic orthorhombic crystals (specific gravity 4.53)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game