depth of fieldnoun phrase
Definition of depth of field
: the range of distances of the object in front of an image-forming device (such as a camera lens) measured along the axis of the device throughout which the image has acceptable sharpness
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game