Definition of depend on/upon
- We're not sure if we'll have the picnic. It depend s on the weather.
- "Will you go back to college?" "I don't know. It depends on whether or not I can afford it."
- The stamp's value depends on how rare it is.
- Depending upon your child's weight and height, she or he may have to sit in the back seat of the car.
- He no longer depends on his parents for money.
- They depend heavily/largely/solely/entirely on her income to pay the bills.
- The manufacturer promises quality you can depend on.
- She will be remembered as a woman upon whom people could depend.
- I can always depend on it to rain on days when I forget my umbrella.