density of freight traffic
variants: or density of passenger traffic
Definition of density of freight traffic
: the amount of traffic carried over a certain transport route in a given unit of time usually computed by dividing total ton-miles or passenger-miles by the length of route
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?