den·drom·e·ter | \ denˈdrämətə(r)\
Definition of dendrometer
: any of several devices for measuring trees especially : one for measuring diameters and heights indirectly utilizing principles based on the relation of the sides of similar triangles — compare dendrograph
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?