den·dro·bi·um | \ denˈdrōbēəm\
Definition of dendrobium
1 capitalized : a genus of epiphytic orchids that are chiefly native to tropical and subtropical Asia and have stems resembling canes and racemose flowers in which the labellum is connate with or articulate to the base of the column
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Dendrobium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game