Definition of demine
- An estimated 100 million unexploded land mines stud the globe, and experts say it would take 10,000 years to demine Cambodia alone, using present methods.
- —Adam Marcus, Christian Science Monitor, 6 May 1998
- In Afghanistan, sergeant Murphy needs to take care to ride only in areas that have been de-mined. “I am basically riding on a paved road through a minefield,” he says.
- —Christine Mattheis, Bicycling, July 2008
deminingor de-mining noun
- EOD [Explosive Ordnance Disposal] units also will be available again for humanitarian demining, irregular warfare, civil support for handling unexploded ordnance found in communities and working with foreign militaries.
- —Michael Peck, Air Force Times, 20 May 2013
often used before another noun
- demining operations
- de-mining equipment