degree of freedomnoun phrase
Definition of degree of freedom
1 : any of a limited number of ways in which a body may move or in which a dynamic system may change
2 : one of the capabilities of a statistic for variation of which there are as many as the number of unrestricted and independent variables determining its value
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?