def·i·ni·tor | \ ˈdefəˌnītə(r)\
Definition of definitor
1 : an official charged under canon law with the supervision of ecclesiastical property in one of the districts into which a deanery is divided and with aiding the dean
2a : a member of the general chapter in some religious orders
b : a member of the governing council of some religious orders chosen to aid the superior in the government of the order
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game