Definition of deer fern
: a fern (Blechnum spicant) of Europe and western North America that is often cultivated for deer browse and has erect fronds of which the sterile are foliaceous and the fertile are contracted
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game