Definition of deer brush
: any of several shrubby plants (as members of the genus Ceanothus) that are regularly browsed by deer especially : a rapid-growing much-branched semi-evergreen shrub (C. integerrimus) that grows in dry upland areas of the western and southwestern U.S. and is a staple browse for mule deer and an important honey plant
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?