declutterverb, transitive + intransitive
decluttered; decluttering; declutters
Definition of declutter
: to remove clutter from a room, an area, etc. Got more time? Declutter your closets.— Nicole Beland, Cosmopolitan, November 1999 March 6 is Organize Your Home Office Day—so don't forget to declutter while you're spring cleaning. — This Old House, March 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game