decide on/uponphrasal verb
decided on/upon; deciding on/upon; decides on/upon
Definition of decide on/upon
: to choose (something) after thinking about the possible choices He decided on blue rather than green. I am having trouble deciding on a gift for them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game