debt of honor
Definition of debt of honor
: a debt (as one incurred by betting or gambling) which is not recoverable by law but which the debtor is conventionally considered in honor bound to pay
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game