de excommunicato capiendonoun
de ex·com·mu·ni·ca·to ca·pi·en·do | \ (ˌ)dāˌekskəˌmünē¦kät(ˌ)ōˌkäpē¦en(ˌ)dō\
Definition of de excommunicato capiendo
: an ancient writ ordering the imprisonment of an excommunicated person until he or she submitted to the church
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game