dar·trose | \ ˈdär‧ˌtrōs also -ōz\
Definition of dartrose
: a disease of the potato and tomato caused by a fungus (Colletotrichum atramentarium) and characterized by destruction of the stems especially towards the base, by yellowing and drying of the foliage, and by development of numerous small black sclerotia in the diseased stem tissue
— called also black dot, black speck
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?