dar·cy | \ ˈdärsē\
Definition of darcy
: a unit of porous permeability in physics equal to the permeability of a medium through which the rate of flow of a fluid having one centipoise viscosity under a pressure gradient of one atmosphere per centimeter would be one cubic centimeter per second per square centimeter cross section — compare darcy's law
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game