Definition of dangerous ground/territory
: a situation in which a person may do or say something that will have a bad result, make people angry, etc. As the conversation turned to politics, I knew we were heading into dangerous territory. You know you're treading on dangerous ground, don't you?
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?