Definition of dangerous ground/territory
: a situation in which a person may do or say something that will have a bad result, make people angry, etc. As the conversation turned to politics, I knew we were heading into dangerous territory. You know you're treading on dangerous ground, don't you?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game