Definition of dangerous ground/territory
: a situation in which a person may do or say something that will have a bad result, make people angry, etc. As the conversation turned to politics, I knew we were heading into dangerous territory. You know you're treading on dangerous ground, don't you?
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game