Definition of danger angle
: the angle between two known points as observed from a point marking the limit of safe approach of a ship to a reef, shoal, or other obstruction which can then be passed safely by keeping the known points at an angle, as observed from the ship in her course, greater or less than the danger angle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game