dance to someone's tuneidiom
variants: or dance to the tune of (someone)
Definition of dance to someone's tune
: to do what someone (else) wants or forces one to do The boss has got everyone dancing to her tune. The senators are dancing to the tune of the President.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game