dance to someone's tuneidiom
variants: or dance to the tune of (someone)
Definition of dance to someone's tune
: to do what someone (else) wants or forces one to do The boss has got everyone dancing to her tune. The senators are dancing to the tune of the President.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?