dally withphrasal verb
dallied with; dallying with; dallies with
Definition of dally with
1 : to do or think about (something) in a way that is not serious He's been dallying with the idea of running for office.
2 old-fashioned : to have a casual romantic or sexual relationship with (someone) a married man who has been dallying with another woman
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game