Definition of daisy cutter
1 slang : a horse that carries its feel low in trotting
2 slang : a ball (as in cricket or baseball) so batted or bowled that it skims along the ground
3 slang : a fragmentation bomb or an antipersonnel bomb
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game