d'arsonval galvanometernoun, usually D'Arsonval
Definition of d'arsonval galvanometer
: a moving-coil galvanometer whose coil is provided with a filament suspension or with pivots and hairspring and rotates about a stationary soft-iron core between the poles of a strong permanent magnet
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?