cyn·o·don·tin | \ -ntə̇n\
Definition of cynodontin
: a brown crystalline phenolic pigment C15H10O6 derived from anthraquinone that is obtained from fungi of the genus Helminthosporium (as H. cynodontis)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game