Definition of cyclopentadiene
: a colorless liquid unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbon C5H6 that is obtained by distillation of coal tar, that polymerizes to its stable dimer on standing, and is used in making plastics and insecticides
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game