Definition of cyclic-pitch control
: control of the lateral and longitudinal motion of a helicopter by means of an adjustable device that varies the pitch of the rotor blades during each rotation cycle so that there can be forward, backward, or lateral motion
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game