Definition of currier
(Entry 1 of 2)
: one that curries something: such as
a : a worker who helps to bring tanned hides or skins to salable form … and other conveniences for dressing hides, for the patriotic burgher was a felt dresser or currier.— Walter Scott
Definition of Currier (Entry 2 of 2)
Nathaniel 1813–1888 American lithographer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game