Definition of currantworm
: any of various insect larvae that feed on the leaves or the developing fruit of the currant: such as
a : any of several sawfly larvae that feed on currant leaves
b : currant spanworm
c : a maggot (Epochra ribearia) that feeds in the fruit
d : a caterpillar (Zophodia convolutella) that attacks the fruit of currants and gooseberries — see imported currantworm
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game