Definition of curlyhead
1 : a person with curly hair
2 curlyheads\ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗\ plural but singular or plural in construction : something suggestive of curly hair specifically : a clematis (Clematis ochroleuca) of the eastern U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game