cu·rite | \ ˈkyu̇ˌrīt\
Definition of curite
: a radioactive mineral 2PbO.5UO3.4H2O occurring in orange acicular crystals and supposed to be a hydrous lead uranyl uranate
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game