Definition of curb chain
1 : a flat chain hooked into the eyes of a curb bit and passed under the chin of a horse where it augments the leverage of the bit
2 : a jewelry chain composed of round links slightly twisted to make them lie flat and close together
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?