Definition of curaçao
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a liqueur flavored with the dried peel of the sour orange
Definition of Curaçao (Entry 2 of 2)
internally self-governing Dutch island in the southern Caribbean; chief town Willemstad area 182 square miles (471 square kilometers), population 150,563
Note: Curaçao was formerly part of Netherlands Antilles.
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game